2019-2020 Mini-Grants Awarded
Williamsville Education Foundation Provides Mini-Grants to Williamsville Central School District
The Foundation’s mission is to enhance educational opportunities for Williamsville students
The Williamsville Education Foundation has announced the funding of 21 mini-grants for the Williamsville Central School District.
This year, $8,068.46 will be distributed to teachers and educators throughout the district.
The Williamsville Central School District Board of Education officially accepted the Williamsville Education Foundation’s donation on Dec. 10.
“The grants awarded this year continue our annual efforts to support the teachers in innovative classroom projects,” said Foundation President Jeffrey Katz. “The Foundation is proud to support the Williamsville Central School District with these mini-grants.”
The mini-grants include:
- East High: Lili Rutecki, LOTE Teacher – Spanish Scholastic magazines
- East High: Dana Bedore, Lili Rutecki & Talia Bean, LOTE Team – Subscription for an online platform called Conjuguemos
- East High: Stacy Bernard, Science Teacher – Sony headphones
- North High: Kimberly Preshoff, Science Department – Light pollution demonstration display
- North High: Mark Percy, Science Teacher & Planetarium Director – Phillips Road Focus fully shielded light fixture
- South High: Lori Chilcot & Jenn Nostrant, LOTE Teachers – Magazine Subscription
- Casey/Heim/Mill/Transit Middle: ESOL Teachers – Field Trip with Buffalo River History Tours
- Casey Middle: Jeffrey Addison, Engineering & Tech Department – Materials to manufacture bean bags toss boards for an interdisciplinary educational project
- Casey Middle: LOTE Team – Privacy Shields
- Heim Middle: Science Department – Celestron Digital Microscope Imager
- Heim Middle: Chuck Miller, Grade 5 Science – Orbital Planetarium
- Mill Middle: Kim Yoerg, Art Teacher – Gyotaku fish replica rubber stamps for printmaking
- Mill Middle: Mill Middle Music Department – A special guest artist at the Spectrum Concert
- Mill Middle: Mill Middle FACs Department – Materials to make cushions for Oishei Children’s Hospital
- Transit Middle: Lisa Schiavoni, Science Teacher – Watershed game as part of the Dept. of Environmental Conservation
- Country Parkway Elementary: Beth Roy, Library Media Specialist – Books and materials for a Literature Markerspace
- Dodge Elementary: Thomas Knab, Visual Arts Teacher – K’Nex Creation Zone Building Set
- Dodge Elementary: Deborah De’Angelo, 4thGrade Teacher – Dave Ruch’s Colonial America Presentation
- Dodge Elementary: Laura Szatkowski, 3rdGrade Teacher - Dave Ruch’s Colonial America Presentation
- Maple West Elementary: Megan Doherty, Art Educator – Adaptive art supplies and tools for students with special needs
- Maple West Elementary: Rebecca Spagnolo, Physical Therapist/Eileen Hodson, Occupational Therapist/Pamela Clabo, Speech Language Pathologist – Sensory poster, decals, materials and supplies
Since the Foundation introduced the mini-grant program in 2001, more than $100,000 has been awarded to educators throughout the Williamsville Central School District.
Information on the mini-grants and how to contribute is available on the Foundation’s website, wedf.org.